Leading across Cultures
Leading Across Cultures introduces supervisors and line managers to the impact of culture on business practices, on employee & team behavior and expectations. It’s designed to enable participants to increase mutual communication, and to build relationships, trust, and collaboration.
Content is tailored to each organization by means of a needs assessment and is customized for four cultures in the workplace.
Using our action-learning approach, on-the-job assignments are given in between training sessions. Group and individual coaching sessions follow the training to support fulfillment of action plans and ensure transfer of learning.
Supervisors, first-line managers, mid-level managers
Training: Two four-hour sessions scheduled one week apart
Coaching: Two one-hour group coaching sessions and one 30-minute session per participant following the training
- Identify leadership strengths and challenges.
- Increase skills for leading a multicultural, global workforce: communication, building relationships, and giving feedback on performance and problem solving.
- Increase mutual understanding, credibility, and trust.
- Develop strategies to create desired work environment in your organization.
Working across Cultures
This is an essential course for employees and teams in a multicultural work environment to become more productive, effective and harmonious.
Participants identify their own cultural values and those of their co-workers or teammates in reciprocal learning using an online assessment. They learn to recognize the unspoken rules of cultureâ€ which impact business practices in their organization, including: communication styles, information exchange, building relationships with the boss and co-workers, conflict resolution, performance,feedback and accountability.
As participants identify what leads to miscommunication and misunderstanding, they are ready to practice effective cross-cultural communication strategies for mutual understanding, problem solving and increasing trust.
Content is tailored to each organization by means of a needs assessment and is customized for four sub-cultures in the workplace. On-the-job assignments are given in between training sessions.
Individual contributors, teams
Training: Nine hours in 3-hour modules, usually scheduled one week apart
Coaching: Three one-hour group coaching sessions following each training session
Coaching is essential to ensure communication skills practice and transfer of learning and increased effectiveness on the job
- Develop greater awareness and appreciation of specific cultures of co-workers/team.
- Use intercultural communication strategies for mutual understanding and conflict resolution.
- Enhance relationships and cooperation with co-workers/teammates and supervisors.
- Increase team performance in accuracy, meeting deadlines, achieving goals.
Coaching for Performance and Teamwork
Do employees in your organization express lack of job satisfaction due to their supervisors’ or managers’ behavior? Not surprising, as job satisfaction is one of the primary reasons employees voluntarily leave an employer. Coaching skills are a MUST for supervisors and managers’ success. In today’s competitive marketplace the ability to inspire, motivate and maintain employee performance affects the bottom line.
Coaching for Performance and Teamwork provides supervisors and managers the coaching mindset and tools for an empowering leadership style that engages employees. The program includes a pre- and post-instruction self-assessment of coaching skills. On-the-job assignments are given in between training sessions.
Supervisors and managers who wish to engage employees and teams to perform at higher levels; for Human Resource managers who coach supervisors and managers to meet challenges of improving employee relations and retention of talented people.
Training: 12 hours in 1.5 training days
Coaching: Two follow-up sessions per participant to cement the learning and enable skill transfer to job performance
- Develop basic coaching skills of listening and asking discovery questions.
- Give balanced feedback to reinforce and improve employee and team performance.
- Bring out the motivation, skills and talents of employees to increase retention and loyalty.
- Build credibility and get more respect from employees.