What Can Coaching Do For You?
Through the process of coaching, clients:
- deepen their learning
- improve their work performance
- reach goals faster
- enhance the quality of their lives
How? You are obtaining a service unlike any other. You are establishing a relationship with a certified professional coach who is totally committed to your success and well-being.
The coaching process also means you are ready to engage your unique gifts to achieve a new level of professional and personal excellence and fulfillment.
The interaction of coaching helps you create clarity and moves you into action. Coaching accelerates your progress by providing stronger focus and awareness of choice. It concentrates on where you are today and what you are willing to do to get where you want to be tomorrow.
In coaching, unlike most training courses, you, the client, are in control. We believe that the client is naturally creative and resourceful, and learns from the inside out. The coach’s job is to provide support to enhance the skills, resources, confidence and creativity that the client already possesses. While the coach provides feedback and an objective perspective, you, the client, are responsible for taking the steps to produce the results you desire.
One-on-One Coaching Program
This coaching program prepares today’s global leaders to enhance their capacity to deal with the complexity in working internationally. It is based on the most recent and relevant research on global leadership competencies. We customize fit your needs, whether to enhance your ability to influence, get more consistent results from your diverse teams, or build the credibility, trust and respect to do so. In addition, you receive powerful feedback on your current leadership style from Polaris® Global Leadership 360° Assessment Survey. Together with your coach, you develop an action plan to address competency gaps for your role and responsibilities, and to identify your strengths to lead from.
Senior and mid-level managers, team leaders, emerging leaders and anyone who wants to strengthen their leadership
12-15 sessions during 6-8 months, including the assessment, coaching and review phases
Develop a broader, more versatile leadership style to be effective anywhere:
- Build strategies to be more effective in virtual and face-to-face communication.
- Reach your goals and experience more job satisfaction.
- Become a more culturally competent leader who successfully conducts business in the global marketplace.
Our Effective Expatriate coaching supports managers on international assignment and their families to make a successful transition to living and working in a host country. This proven coaching program provides expatriate managers with the tools and feedback to expand their ability to think with a global mindset and broaden their leadership style. It also provides the keys to learn quickly about different business practices and become an effective bridge person for their organization from one country or world region to another, depending on their role.
Expatriate managers and spouses/partners relocating to another country – starting prior to departure through the first few months of their international assignment
Two to four months, with more intense frequency at the outset
- Expatriate and family adapt readily to living and working in another country.
- Learn concrete ways to bridge culture gaps and improve collaboration with peers, manager, direct reports, clients, and suppliers.
- Develop best practices suited to both headquarters and the local organization.
- Become a more highly competent leader who is as successful globally as locally.
Crafting Your Global Career Coaching Circle
This small-group learning program with 4-5 other international job seekers equips you to competently conduct an international job search that is cost-effective. It expedites how you position yourself to get work abroad. It helps you create the next stage of a meaningful career aligned with your values, expertise, motivators and strengths.
Who Should Participate
Spouses/partners of expatriates, individuals and couples who intend to build an international career in for-profit and non-profit organizations, and semi-retired persons ready to work independently abroad
Coaching circles meet by phone and Skype for 4 months twice monthly for 90 minutes.
- As a result of clarity in your career goals, discover your calling in life and the numerous opportunities that open up with that clarity.
- Stay motivated from your progress toward your career goals by taking the right actions, saving time and getting support.
- Increase your confidence from conducting your job search in a systematic way that’s self-reinforcing and rewarding.
- Position yourself for desirable jobs in global companies or non-profit organizations with better branding and more cultural competence.
How Crafting Your Global Career Works:
Participants engage in a learning process with a personal roadmap they each design and follow, a career self-assessment, and receive both individual and group coaching to bring up questions, problems, get feedback and encouragement, and make the job search process more fun. We use the book A Career in Your Suitcase, by Jo Parfitt & Colleen Reichrath-Smith, as a basic structure for the program.
Adventures in Global Leadership
Peer Group Coaching Program
This intercultural learning laboratory consists of group and individual coaching which encourages multicultural participant groups to learn to expand leadership knowledge and skills and cultural awareness with cohorts. This effective method helps participants to contribute to each other’s business and leadership development goals. Participating managers apply key learnings in their job performance, transforming how they lead their global teams and execute operations across borders. Results include not only identification but ownership of a coaching style of leading, collaboration, and addressing global leadership gaps with the Polaris® Global Leadership 360° Assessment to support their professional development.
Mid-level managers, team leaders, emerging leaders, and anyone who wants to strengthen their leadership to be appropriate and effective across borders.
15 coaching sessions over six months
- Develop key personal, social, cultural and business competencies of highly effective global leaders.
- Model the behaviors of a collaborative leader.
- Engage and inspire employees in a multicultural workforce and global teams for higher performance and retention.
- Reduce delays in work execution and resolve other real-time business issues caused by communication and cultural challenges.